Pages

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Green Mole-Olé


I would like to introduce you to Señor Fasta Cifuentes and his son Jeremy.  Okay . . .  this isn't really them.  But they are a lovely father and son from Guatemala and this is the rest of their family.


We met this family a little over a year ago in Guatemala and they asked to come home with us,  They are a very quiet family, but friendly and content.  We get along quite nicely with them.

I'm reconsidering my excursion, "Around the World in 80 Days".  It's hot, I'm tired and already overwhelmed by the amount of options I'm finding in this city alone.  The truth is...I love Guatemala and I want to stay.

Here are some of the many reasons:

Chicken in Green Mole Sauce
Hand-made tortillas dipped in Green Mole Sauce
Green Mole Sauce over rice
...and really anything to which you might want to add
Green Mole Sauce.

It's the best I've ever eaten!  

Actually, I'm not sure that I've ever had Green Mole Sauce.  If I have, it wasn't tasty enough to remember.  



I'll be back manaña to share more about my visit with Senor Cifuentes and his son Jeremy. The owners of Tiende Guatemala.

Olé 
La Nomade Afortunado

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jen,

What I'm wondering is, what are the ingredients of this sauce?

And you know I'm going to ask questions like this.

Tedly

Jennifer J. Parker said...

Thanks for the comment Tedly. I'll be happy to see if I can find out the recipe and if I do, I'll get that to you:).