Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Baseball, Hot Dogs, Cheese Fries and Chevrolet

Over the weekend I returned for a visit to the ole "Red, White and Blue."
I had to get fresh clothes and decided while I was home I should take an American excursion.  What says America better than baseball?  And what says baseball better than the Red Sox?

So the Wary Nomad and I packed our BoSox shirts and caps and headed south to Arlington, TX.  Texas, you say?  I know.  This trip is supposed to be in Oklahoma.  Here's how I looked at it.  I felt it was fair to use this in my 80 days trip because the Red Hawks are a farm team for the Texas Rangers.  Technically, this is an extension of Oklahoma.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

However, I learned later that the Red Hawks are no longer the Triple A - Affiliate for the Rangers. So my weak attempt at claiming this as an extension of Oklahoma was just that.  Weak.  Thank you Nolan Ryan for clearing that up!

Saturday was the best day.  It was only 99˚F at 7:00 pm, the Red Sox won and we ate this:


Have I already mentioned that the Red Sox won?

Sunday was a different day all together.  Let me just start out by saying that the game began at 2:05.  The temperature was 102˚F with a heat index of at least 105+, our seats were the first row in the shade until after 3:00 and the Red Sox lost.  I'm not a sports writer so I will not recap either of the games.  Check your sports page for that.

Something happens to your brain when you sit in extreme heat and watch your team lose.  I found myself thinking of ideas for new t-shirt slogans.   Such as "Hit the Ball, Bill Hall" and on the back, "Bill Hall, Hit that Ball."  Or better yet, "I'll take an extra hot Saltalamacchia".  None of this means a thing if you don't know the Red Sox or Starbucks. Maybe it wasn't the heat affecting my mind, rather the cheese fries.  

                                       

All that being said, I love Mike Lowell, The Red Sox and Cheese Fries. 

photo courtesy of google
                                           
Did I say Mike Lowell?  It's the heat.


Go BoSox,
Jennifer

Becky-FYI- you'll be glad to know that the Red Hawks may become the Triple A - Affiliate for the White Sox.

No comments: