Pages

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Parked Camels and the Pentagon

I have not abandoned my camel on some remote dune or wandered off toward a mirage and lost my way.  And though you haven't seen a trace of me on this blog, I've been traveling every chance I get.  Which lately has been limited to 30 minute trips and drive-by's.  I just haven't been able to post my experiences.  My apologies to the three of you that have been following diligently along with me.  However, I must tell you that I have plenty of valid reasons for being absent for so long.

Remember my post on the iPhone 4G?  Well, there in lies a big part of the problem.  The other being that I spent hours trying to design a personalized background for this blog, which I think turned out quite nice and I'll show you in a photo below . . . because that's the only way I can.

Bright and  cheery don't you think?

After getting it nearly completed, I decided to try and load it myself by changing the html coding .  After many late nights and hacking into the pentagon, I finally gave up and decided I would have to seek professional help.

A few days later my dad logged on to my blog and gave me a call.  "I really like your background with the pictures of your grandparents", he said.  "What?"  I went to my computer pulled up my blog and there it was, sand.  No photos, nothing.  But he had to be seeing my new design or he couldn't have described it to me.  I hadn't told anyone about the changes because there weren't any to see. Or so I thought.

I tried three different computers.  Then it occurred to me.  He must be using a different browser.  He was.  Somehow the changes I made showed up as a garbled mess on Firefox but not on the other browsers.

So if you are one of the three people following this blog and you happen to be using Firefox, OMG, I don't even know what to say to you.  I bet you'll agree that it looks like something from Wikileaks that the Pentagon would not want out.  I would fix it, but I don't know how.

I am happy to make a couple of suggestions to make your viewing easier. Choose another browser or help me find someone who can do html coding and help me get this thing fixed!

I think it should be more apparent as to why I have been so inconsistent with my posting.
I appreciate your patience and understanding.  And for goodness sakes, please come back!

Jenn
The Lucky?? Nomad

No comments: